It’s no secret that Massage Therapy can seriously enhance your quality of life and health, making it an important part of your wellness routine at R3 Spa. We are proud to offer this beneficial service to our Guests at our Retreats across the country. While our Massage Therapists do their best to give every Guest the best massage possible, getting the most out of your massage also depends on you.
R3 Spa Top 10 Tips to Make the Most of Your Massage:
1. Be on time.
2. Avoid eating a large meal or drinking alcohol just before the massage session.
3. It is always a good idea to be well hydrated, especially before a massage therapy session.
4. It’s important that you be as comfortable as possible during your massage, so feel free to give feedback to our therapist regarding the amount of pressure, any discomfort (or relief) you are feeling, room temperature, music, etc.
5. Undress to your comfort level
6. A little talking at the beginning of a massage can help you relax, but the more you let go and be present in your body, the more benefits you will receive.
7. If you find yourself becoming tense during your massage, be sure to let our therapist know so that the pressure or techniques being used can be adjusted to your comfort.
8. Full, natural breathing helps to facilitate relaxation of body and mind.
9. Don’t be in a rush to get off the table after your massage. Give yourself a couple minutes to fully absorb the relaxation and benefits of your massage.
10. Discuss with our therapist a treatment plan and frequency of massage therapy that is right for you.