The art of Reflexology dates back to Ancient Egypt, India, and China. This technique was rediscovered in 1913 by Dr. William Fitzgerald and was introduced to the west. Dr. Fitzgerald found that applying pressure to certain areas of the hands and feet was linked to other areas and organs of the body within the same zone. Reflexology is a complementary therapy, which works to heal the whole body, not just prevailing symptoms.
The therapeutic effect could be achieved by using pressure from her thumbs and
fingers on specific tender spots which is related to problems elsewhere in the body.
What Is Reflexology
Reflexology is a holistic therapy that aims to bring the whole body back to balance. It is a science-based on the principle that there are reflexes in the hands and feet which are systematically linked to all body parts.
Technique Used in Reflexology
- Thumb and finger-walking or crawling
- Rotation on a point
- Holding and supporting
- Pressure circle on the point
Benefit Of Reflexology
- Unclogs energy flow
- Promoting oxygenation of tissues and the removal of toxins.
- To encourage the unblocking of energy nerve pathways.
- To improve blood supply and circulation.
These side effects usually last no longer than 24 hours. The Clients should also consult their doctor before attempting reflexology treatment if you –
- Have kidney stones
- Are a diabetic
- Have problems with blood pressure
- Have cancer
- Severe problems with circulation in the legs or feet
- Have Osteoarthritis in the foot or ankle
- Are pregnant
Click Here: All About Reflexology Massage