It is a full body massage with Dosha-specific Ayurveda herbal oil by two therapists in various postures. After Abhyanga, a steam bath and hot shower are offered to assist in oil absorption and relief of specific health conditions.
It brings about an improved physical consistency, induces relaxation, is very beneficial for vigor and vitality, is a cure for rheumatism, improves eyesight, promotes sleep, and encourages glowing skin.
- By increasing the peripheral circulation and improving nutrition by stimulating more blood flow through the tissues during and after the therapy. The number of red corpuscles and hemoglobin values also increase.
- The movement of the lymphatic system is also accelerated.
- Functional ability is restored to the exhausted muscles by the removal of waste products, congestion is relieved, collections of serous fluids are removed and secretion and excretion are stimulated.
- Massage with herbal is very effective for other clinical conditions like muscular wasting, chronic or sub-acute infections of the joints, muscular rheumatism, sciatica and neuralgias, local congestions, sprains, insomnia, and some form of headaches.
- Massage has been found very effective in nervous disorders, neurasthenia, hypertension, dyspepsia, and diabetes.
- Oils used are usually a group of herbal medicines, which act by synergy. Two therapists make it more effective and relaxing by the synchronized massage technique.
Abhyanga should not be performed if suffering from any of the following:
- Serious heart disease
- Thrombosis – coronary or deep vein thrombosis (e.g., history of heart disease or blood clot in lungs)
- Infectious skin condition
- While menstruating
- Acute inflammation of the venous/lymphatic system
Do not eat for 30 minutes before this treatment
Click Here: SAll About Ayurvedic Abhyanga